Apple recently shared ten useful tips and tricks for iPhone users, helping customers make the most out of their device and teaching new iPhone users some features and tips they may have previously not known about.
In a video on its Apple Support channel, Apple shared ten tips and tricks for new features in iOS 16, such as the newly redesigned and customizable Lock Screen, the ability to select and lift subjects out of photos, and more. The video, under six minutes long, was posted on Christmas Day as people get accustomed to their new iPhones.
- If you tap and hold on a subject inside of a photo in the Photos app on iOS 16, you can lift the subject from the photo and place it into another app.
- The new Lock Screen on iOS 16 allows users to customize different elements, including the color and style of the time and date, add widgets, and more.
- Within Settings -> Wi-Fi, you can select a saved Wi-Fi access point to discover and copy and paste its password.
- If you often write the same thing time and time again, such as your email or address, you can create a text replacement within Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Text Replacement.
- If you're running low on battery or want to save some battery life when you won't have access to a charger, you can add the Low Power Mode toggle to Control Center for easy access. Head into Settings -> Control Center and add it to the list of Included Controls.
- If you want to share or move multiple photos into another app, simply tap and hold on a photo, move it away, and proceed to tap on the other photos. You'll then be able to drag and drop all of the photos into other apps or places in iOS.
- If you want to quickly open the camera, tap and hold on the Camera shortcut in the bottom right-hand corner of your iPhone's Lock Screen.
- With iOS 15 and later, you can now use Live Text to automatically translate text in the camera app or inside of a photo. In the camera app, point the camera to some text and tap on the Live Text that appears in the right-hand corner, then select translate in the options shown. This can also work for photos already taken in the Photos app.
- Using the Notes app, you can easily scan a piece of paper and create a digital copy of it. The Notes app will automatically properly crop and edit the image so the document appears legible with no glare.
- If you're curious about what your first photo is in your photo library, you can easily discover it with one tap. In the Photos app, simply tap on the top edge of your iPhone to jump to the first photo in any specific library, album, or search result.
For even more tips and tricks, check out our dedicated guide.
These 12 U.S. States Will Let You Add Your Driver's License to Your iPhone
Apple continues to roll out a feature that allows residents of participating U.S. states to add their driver's license or state ID to the Wallet app on the iPhone and Apple Watch, providing a convenient and contactless way to display proof of identity or age. The feature has only launched in Arizona, Colorado, and Maryland so far, but Apple shared a list of additional U.S. states committed…
iPhone 14 Pro Faced ‘Unprecedented' Setback Leading to Removal of New Graphics Processor
Apple planned a major generational update for the iPhone 14 Pro's graphics capabilities, but was forced to scrap plans for the new GPU late in development after “unprecedented” missteps were discovered, according to The Information. In a paywalled report, The Information claimed that Apple engineers were “too ambitious” in adding new features to the graphics processor designed for the iPhone …
3nm Chips From Apple Supplier TSMC to Enter Mass Production This Week
Apple's main chip supplier TSMC will kick off mass production of 3nm chips this week, with Apple being the primary customer of the new process, which could first be used in upcoming M2 Pro chips expected to power updated MacBook Pro and Mac mini models. According to the new report by DigiTimes, TSMC will start mass production of its next-generation 3nm chip process on Thursday, December 29, …
5 New iOS 16 Features Coming to Your iPhone in 2023
Apple recently released iOS 16.2 with many new features. Now, attention turns to additional features coming to the iPhone in 2023. We've recapped five iPhone features that Apple has previously promised to launch or expand, such as an Apple Pay Later financing option and an Apple Card savings account for earning interest on Daily Cash. At least one feature listed below will be part of iOS…
Top Stories: All-New Mac Pro in Testing, AirTag Updates, and More
It's Christmas Eve, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been much in the way of Apple news and rumors in recent days as we've been hearing details about Apple's plans for the Mac Pro, iPhone SE, and more. In other news, Apple has detailed changes it made in a couple of recent AirTags firmware updates, while the company appears to have pulled back a new Home app architecture it began offering…