I have a very odd issue happening on my Macbook (13-inch m1, osx 12.5.1)
After a reboot I am able to successfully use safari to navigate to any website. However after a few days of uptime the following happens:
- The weather widget (and stocks and screentime) in the right side slidey panel w/ notifications is blank.
- Tweetbot refuses to fetch new tweets or load any images.
- Safari refuses to connect to any site but google (even apple.com) with an error “Safari can't open the page “” because Safari can't connect to the server “”.
- In the console there are a number of errors that seem suspicious but I'm unable to drive them to a resolution:
error 09:15:44.328247-0700 kernel netagent_client_message_with_params: Send message 10 for client (error 49) error 09:15:44.328263-0700 kernel necp_client_add_flow: netagent_client_message error (49) error 09:15:44.328274-0700 kernel necp_client_add_flow: Add flow error (49) error 09:15:44.332999-0700 kernel netagent_client_message_with_params: Send message 10 for client (error 49) error 09:15:44.333007-0700 kernel necp_client_add_flow: netagent_client_message error (49) error 09:15:44.333023-0700 nsurlsessiond nw_path_evaluator_create_flow_inner NECP_CLIENT_ACTION_ADD_FLOW BBFFF3E3-6789-4BBA-96DC-A389F983C687 [49: Can't assign requested address] error 09:15:44.333014-0700 kernel necp_client_add_flow: Add flow error (49) ... error 09:15:44.362855-0700 nsurlsessiond nw_path_evaluator_create_flow_inner NECP_CLIENT_ACTION_ADD_FLOW 5927CE5A-0A2C-441A-8C4C-F64E310435B8 [49: Can't assign requested address] error 09:15:44.362946-0700 nsurlsessiond nw_endpoint_flow_setup_channel [C1337.1.8 IPv4#cdc52b8f:443 in_progress channel-flow (satisfied (Path is satisfied), interface: en0, ipv4, dns)] failed to request add nexus flow ... error 09:15:46.129189-0700 Safari 0x12bb8e018 - [pageProxyID=529, webPageID=530, PID=63305] WebPageProxy::didFailProvisionalLoadForFrame: frameID=23, isMainFrame=1, domain=<private>, code=-1004, isMainFrame=1 error 09:15:46.129306-0700 Safari Web view (pid: 63305) did fail provisional navigation (Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1004 "(null)") error 09:15:46.129354-0700 Safari Displaying webpage loading error to user: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1004 "(null)", networkTaskDescription: LocalDataTask <3912D374-3D7C-4298-B46D-CCBAAEFD1D50>.<242>.
- I am still able to use curl and firefox without issue to browse the web. (I even have tried exiting firefox and restarting it to see if that causes it to hang as well. Works fine)
- Slack continues to function normally.
Some potentially complicating or related factors:
- I do run little snitch, however the following happens with the filter on or off. I get no alerts when the filter is on.
- I have no proxy settings defined in the network control panel for my wifi connection.
- I have tried to resolve this by force-quitting various processes such as nsurlsessiond, mdnsresponder and it's helper. Fruitless, only a reboot fixes it.
- I have done some dumps of
sudo netstat -s > nsdashs-brokenagainboth before and after failures just to see if i notice any patterns, nothing yet. (socket exhaustion? filehandle exhaustion etc..?)