Tonight marks the 74th Emmy Awards, and as expected, Apple TV+ had a strong showing thanks to Ted Lasso. The Apple TV+ hit comedy scored a number of awards throughout the night. Jason Sudeikis took home the award for Outstanding Lead in a Comedy Series for his role in Ted Lasso. The show Ted Lasso itself also took home the top prize of the night.
Apple TV+ went into the night with 52 Primetime Emmy nominations across a number of different categories and it was a consistent stream of wins throughout the night.
Most notably, Ted Lasso took home one of the top honors of the night, earning the title of Outstanding Comedy Series and beating out some equally incredible shows (Abbott Elementary, Barry, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Hacks, Only Murders in the Building, What We do in the Shadows).
Here’s a rundown of every Apple TV+ victor at the 74th Emmy Awards tonight:
- Outstanding Comedy Series: Ted Lasso
- Lead Actor, Comedy: Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso)
- Supporting Actor, Comedy: Brett Goldstein (Ted Lasso)
- Directing, Comedy: MJ Delany, “No Weddings and a Funeral,” (Ted Lasso)
- Outstanding Original music and Lyrics: Schmigadoon!, “Corn Puddin'” by Cinco Paul
- Outstanding Main Title Design: Severance
- Outstanding Music Composition for a Series: Severance
- Outstanding Short Form Comedy, Drama, or Variety Series: Carpool Karaoke: The Series
On the flip side, the Apple TV+ original Severance did not take home the wins across the top categories in which it was nominated. In the coveted Outstanding Drama Series category, Severance was beat out by Succession. Severance‘s Adam Scott was nominated for in the Best Lead Actor, Drama category, but was beat out by Squid Game star Lee Jung-Jae.
Many were hoping that Jason Sudeikis might announce the release date for Ted Lasso season three during his acceptance speech, but that did not happen. Instead, he simply teased “we’ll see you for season three at some point.”