The highly-anticipated Apple event day is officially here. During this Apple event, we will see the new iPhone 14 lineup, major updates to the new Apple Watch, the launch of AirPods Pro 2, and much more. Head below for the full live blog of everything Apple announces at today’s “Far out” space-themed event.
Apple Event live blog
Refresh for updates throughout the Apple event. We’ll be offering specific announcement details, running commentary, and more. You can watch the stream itself right here when it kicks off at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.
- Here’s a look inside the walkway toward Steve Jobs Theater (via Nilay Patel).
- In case you were wondering, 9to5Mac was not offered an invite to the IRL event this year. If you think we deserve one, tweet at Tim Cook and tell him.
- Some context to the Apple event: California’s power grid is on the verge of collapsing. The state is calling on people to conserve power amid record-setting heat. We’ve already seen rotating outages implemented. Apple Park is powered by 100% renewables, but it’ll be interesting to see if anything is impacted by this. Climate change! Yay!
- Here’s a look at the spread of food that Apple is handing out to the press. Everything is bite-sized and beautifully arranged as usual (via Scott Stein)
- It doesn’t appear that Apple is requiring masks for members of the press. This marks the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic that Apple has welcomed developers or press to Apple Park without masks.
- Tom’s Guide Kate Kozuch shared this snap of Apple’s eco-friendly press badges, with the green Apple logo as well.
- Personally, I’m placing my bets on a pre-recorded video like what we saw at WWDC in June…but I’d love to be proven wrong! Let me know down in the comments what you think we’ll see this time around.
- The jury is still out on whether this will be a fully in-person Apple event like the old days or will be a pre-recorded video. Regardless, the press is there to have hands-on time with the new iPhone 14 and other products.
- Members of the press are arriving at Steve Jobs Theater ahead of the 10 a.m. ET/1 p.m. PT kickoff. Here’s a shot from Lance Unlanoff showing off the festivities.
- Apple Fellow Phil Schiller is also here to celebrate.
- Tim’s use of “stellar” is yet another egg in the space-themed bucket of teasers. Could we finally see satellite connectivity for the iPhone 14 this year? It’s beginning to look that way.
- Tim Cook is awake and ready to celebrate today’s Apple event. Tim took to Twitter to share a gorgeous image of Apple Park, with the teaser that he’s “looking forward to a stellar Apple event.”
- Finally, there’s the increasingly important services category of announcement. Specific information here is still unclear, but we could get some details on Apple’s multi-billion dollar acquisition of NFL Sunday Ticket streaming rights. Another possibility is the release date for Ted Lasso season three.
- Outside of the hardware, there are some software announcements on the table as well. During the Apple event, the company will announce the official release date for iOS 16, watchOS 9, and tvOS 16.
- As a recap, here’s a rundown of the hardware we’re expecting from today’s Apple event.